Thursday, September 27, 2012

Old Book Covers? Yes Please!


Jennifer Priest here with a fun Halloween mini I created using actual old book covers! Using book pages for decoupage and other projects, like wreaths, is so popular but what do you do with the leftover book coves? Many vintage books, like the reader's Digest Condensed book here, have old covers with a great patina and fabulous designs. They are great to repurpose as mini album covers like this:



Tie all kinds of lace and trim to the binding to give the book a spooky feel for Halloween!

  

The pages can be bigger than the covers, like this 5x7 Chipboard Covers and Glassine Bags I used here:



Consider wrapping pages with trim and tying it in a knot after the pages are bound--this eliminates the risk of accidentally punching through and cutting a trim.







Hope you enjoyed this book! And next time, before you throw those old book covers away,think about giving them new life with your Bind-it-All!



Visit my blog at:

4 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

I have quite a few of those RD books hanging around and can't wait to have time to use my BIA and play around with them, too. Great mini!

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly said...

Love this book.. Of course I love anything Halloween too. Thanks for a wonderful Idea. Is this one for sale on your etsy site? I better check it out.. thanks

the"divine"hand said...

This is gorgeous Jennifer!!!

Blessed Ladybug said...

I need to take mine out this weekend andplay with it ... thanks for sharing..